Real-time bus arrival information on-board, online and at bus stops
Local information at major bus stops to help you plan onward travel
Comfortable seating, lighting and closed-circuit TV at major bus stops
Bus priority measures for more reliable journey time
The sleek new, low-emission buses have:
Striking purple and gold Eclipse livery
Individual leather seats
Wood-effect floors and under-seat lighting
Infotainment screens displaying local news as well as real-time arrivals
But you don’t pay more:
Eclipse delivers more but that doesn’t mean you have to pay more. Fares are in line with those on regular bus services.
Our experienced, uniformed drivers are ready and waiting to welcome you.
Frequency increased from every 20 to every 15
Frequency reduced to every 30 from every 20
No longer serves Nobes Avenue but serves part of the estate between the end of the busway and Brockhurst
Frequency remains every 30 min
1. The busway section is really quite short.
2. Look back at the E1 and E2 timetable and you will see that although the buses leave Fareham at every 7 and 8 minutes (eight an hour), they arrive at Gosport at almost exactly every 15 minutes because the E1 is slower that the E2
3. The fastest bus between Fareham and Gosport [off-peak] is the unchanged 83, not via the busway with a running time of 30 minutes, whereas the E2 takes 32 minutes. Bus not-so-Rapid Transit?
1. The number of reasonably direct buses between the two towns has increased from 6 an hour [82 and 83] to 10 an hour [E1, E2 and 83].
2. Avoiding congestion on the A32 must be good news.
3. There's lots of fancy stuff to encourage new customers to take the bus rather than the car.
4. 8 buses an hour from Fareham Station [plus X88s] to Gosport should encourage intergration.
fbb will be "over there" in England on Monday 23rd April (preaching commitments on Sunday 22nd!) to observe, report and bore the pants off blog readers in the days following.
And then there's the new 4, 4A and X4 between Southampton and Gosport (4), Fareham (4A & X4) and Portsmouth (X4).
"Trains, Tite, Trams and Transit" continues in April.