Digital video recorder
Discrete valuation ring
Direct volume rendering
The line was incorporated by an Act of 6 August 1897, but progress was slow and the line did not open throughout to goods traffic until 1909 and to passenger traffic between Wakefield Kirkgate and Edlington. The line amounted to 21 miles. There was an extensive coal traffic, serving a number of important collieries along the line. The railway was worked by the Lancashire & Yorkshire Railway. On 1 January 1922 the London & North Western Railway absorbed both the Lancashire & Yorkshire and Dearne Valley Railways, which then became part of the LMS on 1 January 1923. Passenger service was withdrawn on 10 September 1951.
Clearly King Coal was the main (the only?) source of revenue for this line.
It all begins at beautiful Barnsley (?).
P.S. Grand Central's trains from Kings Cross to Bradford traverse the bit of line between Crofton Junctions and Wakefield Kirkgate (see map above).