... And Always Has Done.
On 11 September 1926, John Stevenson commenced operating a bus service from Uttoxeter to Burton upon Trent. In 1971, the business passed to John's son George, who was shortly joined by his son David. In 1977, the fleet comprised 40 buses.
In 1983, George sold his 50% share of the business to Julian Peddle. On 1 October 1985, Stevensons merged its bus operations with that of East Staffordshire District Council (formerly Burton on Trent), with Stevenson and Peddle owning 51% and the council 49%.
In June 1994, the business was purchased by British Bus who operated it in conjunction with their Midland Red North business which today is part of Arriva Midlands.
Under Arriva, the Stevensons name was phased out from the end of 1997 and the original Uttoxeter (Spath) garage closed in 2000, before the Burton operation was sold to Midland Classic in 2016.Midland. Classic is now part of the Rotala Group a k a Diamond Bus.
Oxford Bus thinks it knows.