Today is fbb's 48th wedding anniversary; a date he shares, co-incidentally, with Mrs fbb.
A Hasty History of Huddersfield
The foundation stone of the station was laid on 9 October 1846 by Earl Fitzwilliam and a public holiday was declared, with church bells ringing from dawn to dusk.
By completion in 1850, he H&SJR had become part of the Lancashire & Yorkshire Railway and the H&MR had been acquired by the London & North Western Railway. The booking offices for each company were situated at the the ends of the station's grand façade and are adorned with the crests of the L&YR (left) ...