One line and its station remains to be recorded.
The Great Northern Railway built a branch from its secondary route (joint with LNWR) south from Melton Mowbray.
The Peterborough trains were stopped as a war economy in 1916. Local traffic was never heavy, and by 1950 there were only two Grantham trains remaining, one of which was a semi-fast with limited stops which connected with the Flying Scotsman at Grantham. This train was withdrawn in 1951, the remaining stopping train survived until the end of regular services over the joint line in 1953.
Summer specials continued to run until 1962, in the later years with severe speed restrictions on the Leicester branch.
The first station to the east was Humberstone of which nothing recogniseable remains.
More from Abingdon tomorrow.