So what essences flavour the 69 and 69A?
Over time, the creators of the route have cleverly devised a way of serving several declining markets using the core principle of "one bus in steam".
Market 1 : Old Hill
The Four Winds pub still stands on on Dracaena Avenue (A39) ...
Thus the 69 and 69A jointly provide the modern equivalent of a service to Old Hill.
And next to Penryn. Both routes serve the historic High Street are of the town, calling at the Seven Stars outward ...
Market 2 : St Gluvias
St Gluvias is a civil parish and settlement in Cornwall, England, United Kingdom. The village is now a suburb on the northern edge of Penryn which is situated two miles northwest of Falmouth. The historic parish church of St Gluvias, dedicated to Gluvias of Cornwall (or Gluviacus) serves the Church of England parish of St Gluvias with Penryn, Cornwall. Gluvias of Cornwall was the son of Gwynllyw the warrior, King of Gwentlog, and a nephew of St Petroc. The church was founded in the 6th century and the parish was in the Middle Ages sometimes called Behethlan or Bohelland. The present church is a Victorian construction by J. P. St Aubyn in 1883, though the tower is medieval.
Two more "essences" to look at tomorrow.