Of meringue fame?
Back to the Swiss logic at Meiringen.
The funicular was opened in 1899, and was rebuilt in 1999 to the original design. Between 1912 and 1956, it was linked to Meiringen by the Meiringen–Reichenbach–Aareschlucht tramway. Today it is owned by the EWR Energie company, which operates the adjacent hydroelectric power plant, but is maintained by the neighbouring Kraftwerke Oberhasli company, which also operates several other lines in the area.
Useless fact number 546. fbb's father habitually wore a deerstalker in bad weather but, like the hat on Holmes habove, without the ear-flaps
Tomorrow we look at the Meiringen–Reichenbach–Aareschlucht tramway, amongst other things!
Next Meiringen blog : Sunday 2nd October